Friday, January 4, 2013

DIY Mod Podge

I have seen this pin plenty.


Several recipes online for this. 

Glue and water.

I used this recipe as a fabric stiffener. 

I would only use it in place of Mod Podge in an emergency.

The general consensus is that this does not work out the same as Mod Podge. That it yellows as it dries and just won't work on the thicker papers. 

With the exception being this lady;

I have used the regular Elmer's Glue-All mixed with equal parts of water with great success. Just be sure to allow your work to dry thoroughly between layers and after you've completed your piece. Then you can add a coat of clear varnish (water type) or shellac to protect your finished object. Do not use the school glue for these projects as I don't think it's really thick enough to begin with. My husband bought a gallon of Elmer's Glue-All to use in his own work, and it's the most economical way to go if you're going to be doing a lot of decoupage work. I've covered entire bookshelves in decoupage and it worked great.



No comments:

Post a Comment